SEO is essential for e-commerce because it helps the website generate more traffic. The immense traffic brings in more leads and leads to future sales. If you still not convinced that SEO matters when it comes to your e-commerce store? So, you need to choose the best eCommerce platforms for SEO.
70% of marketers believe SEO is more successful at generating leads than PPC. That is to say, paying to get the website promoted alongside search results is less effective than operating on SEO to increase organic traffic. More leads translate to more buyers, purchases, and earnings.
Almost 70% of all clicks on Google searches are on the first five pages on page one. Positions 6-10, on the other hand, account for less than 4% of all clicks. You won’t get any leads if your e-commerce website isn’t used (and somebody else is instead).
Approximately 91 percent of internet pages receive no traffic from Google search result clicks. The lack of backlinks in the website’s content is the most common explanation for not receiving any Google traffic (nearly 70 percent ).
More than 60% of Gen Z respondents said they wanted to check for items they wish to purchase online visually. If you wish to remain in the e-commerce industry, enhancing your SEO for photos is another critical move to include in your SEO plan.
How To Choose The Best e-commerce Platforms For SEO
Some sites, such as BigCartel, are missing key features, such as allocating separate meta descriptions to various web pages.
Others, like WooCommerce, don’t have standard features like social media sharing buttons by default; you’ll need to add a plugin to your e-commerce website creator to see those buttons.
Overall, consider the following factors when deciding which e-commerce platform is best for SEO for your company.
- Independent Navigation Links, Page Titles, Page URLs, Meta Descriptions, Image ALT Tags, and H1 Headings
- Canonical URLs
- Integrated Blogging Platform
- Social Sharing buttons
- Auto XML Sitemap
- Domain Name
- Own IP address
- 301 redirects
- Robots No-index Capabilities
After conducting extensive research, we discovered that platforms such as Shopify, 3dCart, Magento, and WooCommerce typically cover all SEO fundamentals. But keep in mind that there are plenty of other options! Do your homework and think about the factors mentioned above to find the best e-commerce platform for SEO that suits your business model.
To get the most out of many of the best e-commerce sites for SEO, you can need to spend some money on plugins. Plugins aren’t usually that expensive, but if you need help covering the costs of improving your SEO, consider taking out a business loan.
Shopify SEO advantages:
- Almost all resources, such as customizable meta names, meta descriptions, URLs, headings, image alt text, and so on, are built into Shopify.
- Shopify applications are usually available for any function, even if you do not find it a default function.
- It is mainly an e-commerce website, and its SEO features gear up the needs of e-commerce companies.
- Shopify has several applications that you can use to track SEO or your profit/expenses.
Pro tip: If you need another excuse to use Shopify, consider that you’ll have access to the ultimate profit margin calculator, which will help you maximize your profits.
BeProfit – Profit Tracker is a state-of-the-art Shopify profit calculator that allows you to easily track and control all of your store’s expenditures and profit margins.
This Shopify calculator transforms complex data into simple graphs and charts, allowing you to see a complete overview of all of your expenditures and optimize your store’s potential.
BeProfit will help you maximize your profits.
- It has all of the components you’ll need to get your website to the top of Google’s search results.
- Full SEO (URL key, meta title, and meta description) for your goods is built right in functions that are only available via plugins on specific e-commerce platforms.
- A product review section is also standard, which can support SEO by providing new content and expanding the words people may use to find your website.
3dCart SEO advantages:
- Other e-commerce platforms require you to connect external blog URLs; 3dCart’s blog feature allows you to directly build tonnes of unique content via the forum (not a good practice for SEO).
- 3dCart optimizes your website for mobile devices automatically.
- 3dCart’s page speed is top-of-the-line, and it adheres to Google’s best practices.
WooCommerce SEO advantages:
- You’ll be able to optimize all SEO-related since WooCommerce is a free WordPress plugin.
- You won’t be losing out on any of the SEO features mentioned above if you use WordPress.
- When using WordPress and WooCommerce, you can hard-code just about every part of your e-commerce website.
BigCommerce SEO advantages:
- The eCommerce platform makes SEO simple for pros and novices alike, with both theme templates and the ability to do some hard coding on your own.
- It makes use of ‘cleaner’ URLs, which means they keep your URLs short and precise. Since Google dislikes long, complicated URLs, this is a significant benefit.
- It can automatically rename and redirect the old URL to the new one if you need to edit a product page on your e-commerce website using automated 301 redirects. That means your Google ranking will not be affected, and your customers will still be able to find you in search results.
While you know the best e-commerce platforms for SEO, keep in mind that those platforms will change in the future. Google’s algorithms move and evolve, so what may be the best e-commerce platform for SEO today may not be the best e-commerce platform for SEO tomorrow.
Whatever you do, SEO will continue to be a vital component of every e-commerce company’s success.