E: ExpressJS : Express.js is one of the most vital tools for developing effective mobile and web applications. It is the minimal framework for web development using Node.js. However, its functions are pretty massive. It is possible to build a whole website just using Node.js and Express.js. The combination enables us to build software on the server-side in which Node.js is essential, while Express.js helps to publish the app on our website. It offers a diverse variety of features like database integration, simplified multiple routing, template engines.
A: AngularJS: It is a front-end JS framework that extends HTML with few new attributes. It is used in developing client-side applications with modular code and a data binding User Interface. It is absolutely perfect for developing (SPAs) Single Page Applications. It is easy to learn.
These 4 combine together into one effective package.
So how is MEAN Stack development useful? Continue reading to find out what the benefits of using MEAN Stack for Application Development are-
- Open Source platform- The components of MEAN stack are open-source. Hence, the stack gets updated often.
- Ease to learn- It is pretty easy to learn and flexible to grasp, understand and implement during development.
- MEAN provides quality user interfaces as it supports Model View Controller (MVC) architecture.
- MongoDB provides flexible structure- MongoDB offers a flexible JSON document structure for all the data representation. It is great for the larger projects.
- Faster speed and usability- The non-blocking architecture of Node.js makes MEAN superfast. Angular JS offers maintenance, reusability, and testability. Working in a single language also makes the job of the developers a lot easier.
- MEAN enables Isomorphic Coding- MEAN allows us to transfer between frameworks. If we write the code in a particular framework and then decide to transfer it to another, it can be done so easily and will function in the exact same way. This is where MEAN stack development is ahead of the rest of the pack.
- MongoDB is Cloud compatible- MongoDB was developed specifically to make it easy to host the web applications onto the cloud. So this is the best choice if our applications are required to provide cloud functions within it. It also brings in an ease in performing tasks like testing and maintaining. It also spreads across our cluster of servers to offer failure support which leads to automatic replication.
- JSON everywhere- Both AngularJS and Node.js offer JSON. MongoDB is the database framework of MEAN and even it offers us to store all the data in JSON format. Even Express uses it. MEAN uses a common JSON format for data everywhere. Hence, the data flows precisely among the layers in JSON and it doesn’t require reformatting or rewriting. JSON also makes working with the APIs extremely easy.
As we can see, MEAN provides advanced features which make application development a lot simpler and less tedious for the developers. These are some of the reasons why MEAN Stack is so popular for application development, and why its popularity continues to increase. Using MEAN stack effectively is bound to help create quality applications.