Statistics – Key takeaways
2. Consumers downloaded 178 billion apps in 2017—and that number is climbing.
3. Mobile apps are projected to hit $188.9 billion in revenue by 2020.
4. Nearly 25 percent of all mobile apps are game apps—2.5 times the number of business apps
5. Smartphone users spend 38 percent of their mobile app time in social networking & music apps.
6. The top 3 mobile apps millennials can’t live without are Amazon, Gmail, and Facebook.
7. Younger smartphone users spend the most time on mobile apps.
8. Mobile users are spending 87 percent of their time in apps, versus just 13 percent on the web.
9. Most people get to know about apps through friends/family (68.95%), app stores (60.08%), and websites (58.06%).
10. Productivity and Social Media apps dominate most people’s smartphones.
11. A majority of people use their favorite apps 21 to 30 times a day.
12. Most people hesitate to give app permissions to access their location, contact list, and storage.
13. People delete apps from their mobile when they no longer need it, didn’t find it useful, or lack of storage.
14. 76 percent of millennials say their phone is useless without mobile apps & 74 percent open an app when bored.
15. More than 50 percent of all smartphone users move mobile apps to the home screen for easy access.