10.0.0 has been released, and will become the platform’s Long Term Support (LTS) line in October 2018. As the LTS line, it will be supported for three years.
Version 10.0.0 add supports for the OpenSSL 1.1.0 security toolkit but focuses mainly on incremental improvements. Also, while10.0.0 ships with NPM 5.7, the 10.x line will be upgraded to NPM Version 6 later on; NPM 6 will offer performance, stability, and security improvements.
New features in Node Js 10
In addition to OpenSSL 1.1.0 support, other features in the10.0.0 release include:
prototype.toString(), which now returns exact slices of source code text, and mitigations for side-channel vulnerabilities to prevent information leaks.
- Error-handling improvements, with adoption of error codes to ease constant error-checking.
- Performance boosts via V8, including for the
- Visibility is increase into code performance issues via trace events, with the 10.0.0 release.
- An API in the 10.0.0 release allows user code to enable and disable trace events on demand at runtime, for improved flexibility in diagnosing issues in applications.
Later versions of the 10.x line are expected to offer:
- Firstly, HTTP/2, a higher-performing successor to HTTP.
- Additionally, better support of ECMAScript (ES) 6 modules. has had its own module system, but ECMAScript 6 offers a standardized module system. The plan is to provide a browser-compatible ECMAScript 6 implementation that coexists with the existing modules.
The following features are expected to arrive in 11.x:
- Firstly, better diagnostic capabilities, which is becoming more important area as is increasingly used in production applications.
- And, support for more build/automation infrastructure, with additional support for tools and scripts. Addition of newer Operating System while dropping of older version of the OS.
Other efforts in theproject, not directly tied to the 10 or 11 release lines, include:
- Firstly, continuing progress on security triage for third-party NPM modules.
- And, functional testing for third-party modules, to ensure that dependencies is to be maintain.
Where to download Node Js
You can download Node.js from the project website.
Source form www.infoworld.com
Latest posts by Agira Technologies (see all)
- Weekly Roundup: Node.js Security, Laravel 6.12 Releases, Latest Tech news & Updates - January 24, 2020
- How to Build a Video Streaming Application like Netflix - January 23, 2020
- Kubernetes vs Docker – A Detailed Comparison with Infographics - January 21, 2020