The team behind prominent open source language “Google Go Lang” has released its latest version G 1.10 with improvised features.
Soon it’s expected to be available on production version in February 2018. So before revealing its Production version let’s focus what are the major updates this beta version holds.
Rather than considering changes in language, it focused to produce better performance along with the compiler toolchain than it is before.
These are some of the coolest features and updates we like to uncover it to you!
Due to the few customized optimizations over core library, garbage collection and code generation it will run a bit faster than before.
The new features in Google Go 1.10 beta
- Improved performance of code generated by the compiler, spread across supported architectures.
- Programs should run a bit faster due to speedups in garbage collection, better code generation, and core library optimizations.
- Dwarf debug information in binaries has been improved, with constant values now recorded. Also, line-number information is more accurate.
- The Linux / ppc64le port now needs external linking with any programs using the cgo command.
- The go build command detects out-of-date packages based on the content of source files, specified build flags, and metadata in stored packages. Modification times are no longer relevant.
- The go install command now only installs packages and commands listed on the command line. To force installation of dependencies, developers should use the go install –i flag
- An update to the grammar for method expressions relaxes the syntax, so any type expression is allowed as a receiver, thus matching how compilers already operated.
- Test results are now cached via go test.
- The Unicode package has been upgraded from Unicode 9.0 to version 10.0, adding 8,518 characters, including a bitcoin currency symbol and 56 emojis.
Source from: infoworld.com Click Here to Know More
And if you are looking forward to more technical blogs about web development and mobile app development follow Agira Technologies a fast growing IT company, exploring upcoming technologies and exposing everything to help the right people at right time. For more queries always reach us. We love to hear from you!