Being a tech enthusiast and a blockchain developer, the “Ethindia” conference is one of the latest technology events that took place in Bangalore. It is Asia’s biggest Ethereum Hackathon that is conducted by Devfolio Co. At MLR convention centre, the conference is star-studded with Etherum’s chief scientist Vitalik Buterin and script-engineers cum entrepreneurs. Are you excited and curious to know more about the experience? Here is the sum up of the conference.
With an astounding ambience, the Ethindia conference held on 2 Aug 2019, at Bangalore. A sheer number of people were present to harness its potential value. It was very obvious to find affluent sponsors in the Ethereum space. Such as Matic, Lendroid, Kyber, NuCypher, Aztec, Torus, Aave, ENS, QuikNode, and DAOstack.
Before starting, here is the gist of what is Ethereum? It is an open-source decentralized application that allows you to write a smart contract that controls digital value. You can use solidity for writing a smart contract, and its cryptocurrency is ether.
Highlights of the workshop
Many business professionals and developers across the country were present to talk about their products in Ethereum and their bounties. So, here are some interesting aspects for you from the table.
- The Matic Network showcased its product “Matic” which is created on the base of Ethereum. They also have an additional feature which is an adapted version of “Plasma”. They claim that it is a faster and scalable network.
- The NuCypher Network exhibited their NuCypher platform which offers you to store the encrypted data in the blockchain and allows you to send to another person who needs to download it.
- The Kyber Network demonstrated their on-chain liquidity protocol and how they help people to swap their token. They explained how it works and how it made the life of hackers difficult.
- The Lendroid showed its platform and explained their loan system with cryptocurrency. That’s quite an interesting project can be in crypto!
Thereupon, a great hands-on workshop about how to write a smart contract for “AIRBNB” concept took place. Consequently, another session led to building a DAPP front-end for the previous contract. With this workshop, one might remarkably get to know the complete outline of Ethereum and how to build an enterprise application using it.
Talks on Spotlight
What Vitalik Buterin says?
In ethereum 2.0, the two majorly focus aspects are
- Implement of Proof Of Stack
For implementing of Proof Of Stack, the ethereum holder turns up to the validator to validate the next block. If the person (Validator) is either rewarded with ethereum for good behaviour or punishment for bad behaviour, this concept doesn’t need mining process. It makes the ethereum faster and scalable.
For scalability, they are planning to implement sharding concept into it.
Vitalik Buterin explanation was crystal clear like this!
“Imagine that Ethereum has been split into thousands of islands. Each island can do its own thing. Each of the islands has its own unique features and everyone belonging on that island. Therefore, the accounts can interact with each other and they can freely indulge in all its features. If they want to contact with other islands, they will have to use some sort of protocol.”
Vitalik said that Ethereum 2.0 will be releasing soon and is in the testing phase. They completed writing both phases 0 and 1 and planning to release phase 0 by 2020. Phase 1 needs to undergo testing and debugging in various areas. He hopes to launch Phase 1 sometime soon next year.
In my opinion, if they implement these two things, Ethereum will become the KING of DAPP (decentralized application).
Still feeling missed? Probably you can check the official video of Vitalik’s speech.
Key takeaways from the conference
This conference provided everything that you need to know about Ethereum. To put in a nutshell, here is the list.
- How to write a smart contract?.
- How to connect with the front end layer?.
- What are the things that Ethereum is capable of?.
- Future of Ethereum in coming days.
- How many production projects in Ethereum?.
This conference catalyzes anyone’s interest in Ethereum to explore more new things in Blockchain.
Agira is now all set with the best professionals up to date with all the latest technology to endure the fullest of it. Get in touch to sort out all your tech problems in minutes!
Latest posts by Guru Moorthy (see all)
- Representing Agira in Asia’s Biggest Ethereum Event - August 16, 2019
- Face Recognition With Python & OpenCV In Just 5 minutes - July 30, 2019
- Build A Web App With React.js And GraphQL - May 10, 2019