TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Where to download NativeScript
- Current version: What’s new in NativeScript 4.1
- Previous version: What’s new in NativeScript 4.0
- The features in NativeScript-Vue
Where to download NativeScript
You can download NativeScript CLI through NPM, after installing Node.js:
npm install -g nativescript. You can download the source code for NativeScript-Vue from GitHub.
Current version: What’s new in NativeScript 4.1
Version 4.1 adds these features:
- Enables app creation and debugging directly from the Angular CLI.
- Supports multiple iOS simulators simultaneously when used with Apple’s Xcode IDE.
- Adds the samples section to the NativeScript Marketplace, featuring code snippets to help build apps.
Previous version: What’s new in NativeScript 4.0
Version 4.0 of NativeScript became available in April 2018, providing the Webpack module bundler with NativeScript’s LiveSync capability, to instantly see changes in apps and let developers identify issues earlier in the development cycle.
Version 4.0 lets developers use any
View as the root of applications, enabling native mobile workflows. Developers gain the ability to put a
TabView or a
RadSideDrawer component as the root of an app. Previously, an app root was a
Frame that could be navigated using pages.
Other new features of NativeScript 4.0 include:
- To save time in image editing, icons and splash screens can be generated based on a single high-resolution image.
- As part of integration with the Progress Kinvey back-end-as-a-service platform, NativeScript provides a template to make authentication easier with various single-sign-on providers. Progress recommends using this capability through the NativeScript SideKick tool, which can take care of Kinvey configuration.
- For Android development, NativeScript users can open an application in the Android Studio IDE and debug it as a native project. Developers thus can use tools such as Android Studio’s Profiler.
- Code-sharing is avaiable for developers using the js framework with NativeScript.
- The NativeScript UI plugin has been broken into multiple independent components. Developers can use the components without having to install the entire package, thus minimizing app size and required references.
The features of NativeScript-Vue
Still in development for NativeScript-Vue is webpack-based template to enable code-sharing between web and mobile applications. Also planned is a new CLI tool for Vue.js, vue-cli 3, for rapid development.
Source from www.infoworld.com
Similarly, Explore more about Technologies with Agira Technologies one of the fastest growing Web and Mobile Development Company in India. Precisely, extends its research on Blockchain, Chatbot, Artificial Intelligence, IoT and lot more technologies. Explore more about us on www.agiratech.com.
For more details reach us at email@example.com
Latest posts by Agira Technologies (see all)
- Mobile App Usage Statistics To Know In 2019 [Infographics] - August 21, 2019
- Unveiling Apple’s Interactive UI Framework – SwiftUI Features - August 21, 2019