The number of databases being used in today’s web development is comparatively too high for over a decade! Since then, the database evolution greatly helping us to transform the businesses by processing the power of data.
Providing too many options for database or creating too much hype for these databases sometimes drastically leads the Software developers or entrepreneurs to remain guideless when it comes to choosing the right DB for development. Because not all the databases can leverage the benefits of the development aspects if we don’t get to predict the exact match. That’s the reason we got an idea of producing the list of top 5 databases along with its key features so it won’t be that hard for any developers or newbies to select the database.
We believe this blog will give you the tour of the top 5 databases in detail,
Oracle is the multi-model database management which is generally known as Oracle RDBMS or Oracle.
Most of the developers are hunting towards Oracle Jobs! It is one of the finest, easy to use a database that comes with so many advanced features like JSON & documentation support.
Used for online transactions and other database operations like data warehousing, OLTP & DW.
Advantages Of Oracle
- Oracle NoSQL database is used to handle big data.
- It supports SQL and it can be accessed from Oracle relational databases.
- It is a distributed database.
- Its peer to peer communities helps to solve problems.
- It is a very secure database.
MySQL is an open-source relational database designed to handle the data operations of web development. MySQL is almost loved by the developers and used by famous brands like Facebook, Google, Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr.
Also, it has complete support over the documentation & developers community.
It is incredibly reliable to process a vast amount of data and easy to use interface.
Advantages Of MYSQL
- High performance for large databases, open-source.
- Can be adjusted to work with other databases, including DB2 and Oracle.
- Provides more flexible functionalities for a database engine
MongoDB – another most popular database known for cross-platform and a document-oriented database used to handle semi-structured data like text documents that can process a large set of data sets simultaneously.
Advantages Of MongoDB
- Provides a flexible structure to adapt and modify the data structure.
- Helps to write a schema’s without hustles
- A unified approach to run regardless of the platform
- It’s distributed system design will help you to add the data anywhere you want
- high-speed database & easy to install.
Microsoft SQL Server – relational database management system developed by Microsoft which is used to support transaction process & operations including business intelligence and analytics-based applications. Control over data storage, security breaches and provides complete integrated support to manage everything like DB files, tables, pages, indexes, transactions.
Advantages Of Microsoft SQL Server
- Can use multiple instances of SQL Server on the same machine,
- Allows multiple users to access the same database at a time
- Provides efficient features to manage the workloads.
An open-source, object-oriented relational database that exclusively developed by a team of volunteers around the world at Berkeley computer science dept, university of California.
PostgreSQL will help us to add custom functions developed using different programming languages such as C/C++, Java, etc. Some of the big giants like Apple, Cisco, Skype, and IMDb are using PostgreSQL.
Advantages Of PostgreSQL
- Greater scalability and works well for large scale projects.
- Provides predefined functions & interfaces
- Support JSON
- Data sharing through the dashboard is too faster.
Was it helpful? Curious to know the nest top set of databases too or like to have a keen discussion on choosing the right database for your projects. Let our experts suggest the best choices. Post us your interest below to know your requirements better.